Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes On Music
Wed March 27, 2013
It's Not About The Goat
Female goats are referred to as “nannies”, male goats are called “billies”, with their offspring being called “kids.” Eventually the term “kids” grew to mean children up to the age of puberty.
In 1938 Aaron Copland composed a ballet called Billy the Kid which has become a staple of ballet repertory. The outlaw was called “kid” due to his young age... not because he resembled a goat!