Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
James Morris was at wit’s end about how to get his sixth-grade history class in Snowball, Arkansas, interested in the War of 1812.
So he wrote a song to help make the biggest battle of that war memorable to his students. He published it in 1957, changed his name to Jimmy Driftwood, and began his recording career. What was the song? The Battle of New Orleans.