Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
James Morris was at wit’s end about how to get his sixth-grade history class in Snowball, Arkansas, interested in the War of 1812.
So he wrote a song to help make the biggest battle of that war memorable to his students. He published it in 1957, changed his name to Jimmy Driftwood, and began his recording career. What was the song? The Battle of New Orleans.