Most Active Stories
- Parkour May Run, Flip, Dive And Slide Its Way Into Olympics
- Your Favorite Sites Will 'Slow Down' Today, For A Cause
- Zone 5 Candidates For Little Rock School Board On The Issues
- Library Director, Arts Community Advocate Jeff Baskin Dies
- Junior League Of Little Rock Offers New Office Space To Nonprofits
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
James Morris was at wit’s end about how to get his sixth-grade history class in Snowball, Arkansas, interested in the War of 1812.
So he wrote a song to help make the biggest battle of that war memorable to his students. He published it in 1957, changed his name to Jimmy Driftwood, and began his recording career. What was the song? The Battle of New Orleans.