Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Mon August 5, 2013
Jonesboro Council To Vote On Unilever Expansion
The Jonesboro City Council is considering a plan this week to authorize up to $41 million in revenue bonds to help Unilever complete an expansion at its plant, which makes hair-care products.
The council is set to vote Tuesday night on the plan. Unilever announced the expansion in 2011, shortly after the company acquired Alberto Culver.
Unilever has said the company has already hired many of the 125 new employees it planned to add with the expansion.
The Jonesboro Sun reports that the city will have no financial obligation but will own the facility.
The $64 million factory in Jonesboro opened in 2008, employing 400 people when it became fully staffed.