Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Fri March 29, 2013
Jonesboro Police Find Counterfeit Check Operation
Police in Jonesboro say a tip from Lepanto police led officers to a suspected counterfeit check operation.
Sgt. Lyle Waterworth says the tip led local and federal authorities to search a home on the city's west side on Thursday where they found evidence of counterfeiting and arrested one person. The person's name has not been released.
Waterworth says officers also found evidence of identity fraud in the home. He says the U.S. Secret Service and a state identity theft task force joined Jonesboro police in the investigation.