Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Fri March 29, 2013
Jonesboro Police Find Counterfeit Check Operation
Police in Jonesboro say a tip from Lepanto police led officers to a suspected counterfeit check operation.
Sgt. Lyle Waterworth says the tip led local and federal authorities to search a home on the city's west side on Thursday where they found evidence of counterfeiting and arrested one person. The person's name has not been released.
Waterworth says officers also found evidence of identity fraud in the home. He says the U.S. Secret Service and a state identity theft task force joined Jonesboro police in the investigation.