Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Fri March 29, 2013
Jonesboro Police Find Counterfeit Check Operation
Police in Jonesboro say a tip from Lepanto police led officers to a suspected counterfeit check operation.
Sgt. Lyle Waterworth says the tip led local and federal authorities to search a home on the city's west side on Thursday where they found evidence of counterfeiting and arrested one person. The person's name has not been released.
Waterworth says officers also found evidence of identity fraud in the home. He says the U.S. Secret Service and a state identity theft task force joined Jonesboro police in the investigation.