Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Wed August 21, 2013
Judge Sets Hearing in Little Rock Police Shooting Case
A judge has scheduled an evidentiary hearing in the case of a former Little Rock police officer charged with manslaughter.
Judge Wendell Griffen issued an order Wednesday setting a hearing about a request to move former Little Rock police officer Josh Hastings' trial outside of Pulaski County.
The hearing is scheduled to begin Tuesday morning.
Hastings' lawyer, Bill James, filed paperwork this week asking that the case be moved because he said Hastings can't receive a fair trial in Pulaski County.
Hastings is charged in the shooting death of 15-year-old Bobby Moore III.
A jury deadlocked in June and Hastings' retrial is scheduled to start Sept. 16.