Most Active Stories
- Fire At Arkansas Nuclear One Caused By Transformer Failure
- Second Largest Payout Ever Could Be Big for Arkansas Lottery Commission Revenue
- As Arkansas Remains Highly Obese, State Health Officials Consider New Solutions
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays
- Staph Germs Hide Out In The Hidden Recesses Of Your Nose
Obama On Syria
Mon September 9, 2013
KUAR To Carry Live Coverage Of Obama's Speech Tuesday Night
KUAR will offer live, anchored coverage of President Obama’s address to the nation Tuesday night when he will make his case for military action against Syria.
Coverage will begin at 8 p.m.
Saying he will continue to "make the best case" in the coming days for taking military action against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad, President Obama has announced that he will speak to the American people Tuesday about why he's come to that conclusion.
You can hear Swingin' Down the Lane, which normally airs Tuesday night at 8 on KUAR, following coverage of the president's speech.
Audie Cornish will host the coverage. NPR Correspondent Mara Liasson, Pentagon Correspondent Tom Bowman and Senior Washington Editor Ron Elving will join Cornish in the studio. Congressional Correspondent Tamara Keith will join from Capitol Hill. The team will offer reaction and analysis.