Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri September 13, 2013
Lawmakers To Discuss University of Arkansas Audit
A legislative panel is discussing an audit that cited the University of Arkansas for poor management and failure to follow policies that led to deficits in a division that handled fundraising and public relations for the school.
The Legislative Joint Auditing Committee on Friday was set to review the audit of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville's Advancement Division.
The audit was released earlier this week and said the division overspent its budget by $3.2 million in the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2012.
The audit said the division increased spending 67 percent in a four-year period without an accompanying increase in revenue.
University officials are expected to appear before the panel to discuss the audit's findings.