Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Sat February 15, 2014
Lawsuit Blames Natural Gas Wells for Earthquakes in Arkansas
Fourteen families in central Arkansas have filed a lawsuit in connection with a series of earthquakes in Faulkner County.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported Saturday the lawsuit is against Oklahoma City-based Chesapeake Operating Inc. and Billiton Petroleum LLC,
The suit alleges natural-gas disposal wells resulted in thousands of earthquakes in Arkansas in 2010 and 2011. The lawsuit filed Tuesday says the earthquakes damaged the plaintiff's homes and caused the market value for the houses to decline.