Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Sat February 15, 2014
Lawsuit Blames Natural Gas Wells for Earthquakes in Arkansas
Fourteen families in central Arkansas have filed a lawsuit in connection with a series of earthquakes in Faulkner County.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported Saturday the lawsuit is against Oklahoma City-based Chesapeake Operating Inc. and Billiton Petroleum LLC,
The suit alleges natural-gas disposal wells resulted in thousands of earthquakes in Arkansas in 2010 and 2011. The lawsuit filed Tuesday says the earthquakes damaged the plaintiff's homes and caused the market value for the houses to decline.