Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Sat February 15, 2014
Lawsuit Blames Natural Gas Wells for Earthquakes in Arkansas
Fourteen families in central Arkansas have filed a lawsuit in connection with a series of earthquakes in Faulkner County.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported Saturday the lawsuit is against Oklahoma City-based Chesapeake Operating Inc. and Billiton Petroleum LLC,
The suit alleges natural-gas disposal wells resulted in thousands of earthquakes in Arkansas in 2010 and 2011. The lawsuit filed Tuesday says the earthquakes damaged the plaintiff's homes and caused the market value for the houses to decline.