Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Sat February 15, 2014
Lawsuit Blames Natural Gas Wells for Earthquakes in Arkansas
Fourteen families in central Arkansas have filed a lawsuit in connection with a series of earthquakes in Faulkner County.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported Saturday the lawsuit is against Oklahoma City-based Chesapeake Operating Inc. and Billiton Petroleum LLC,
The suit alleges natural-gas disposal wells resulted in thousands of earthquakes in Arkansas in 2010 and 2011. The lawsuit filed Tuesday says the earthquakes damaged the plaintiff's homes and caused the market value for the houses to decline.