Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Sat February 15, 2014
Lawsuit Blames Natural Gas Wells for Earthquakes in Arkansas
Fourteen families in central Arkansas have filed a lawsuit in connection with a series of earthquakes in Faulkner County.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported Saturday the lawsuit is against Oklahoma City-based Chesapeake Operating Inc. and Billiton Petroleum LLC,
The suit alleges natural-gas disposal wells resulted in thousands of earthquakes in Arkansas in 2010 and 2011. The lawsuit filed Tuesday says the earthquakes damaged the plaintiff's homes and caused the market value for the houses to decline.