Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue June 18, 2013
Lawyers Seeking Jurors For LR Policeman's Trial
The defense team for a former Little Rock police officer charged with manslaughter in the shooting death of a burglary suspect is asking prospective jurors whether they've ever had to name a snap decision at work.
Josh Hastings was fired after the death last August of Bobby Moore III.
Hastings' trial opened this week in Pulaski County Circuit Court.
Defense lawyer Bill James asked potential jurors Tuesday to consider whether they've ever had to make quick decisions while working.
Prosecutor John Johnson focused on the need for police officers to obey the law themselves.
Hastings has said Moore tried to run him over as the officer checked a report that cars were being broken into at an apartment complex.
Prosecutors say evidence did not support Hastings' recollection.