Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Life Of A Bard
The Iliad and The Odyssey are two highly influential Greek epic poems dating from the 8th century which are attributed to the bard, Homer.
However, during that period, many people didn’t know how to read, and cultured men would go around telling stories by singing and playing instruments, so Homer just wrote them down. But it’s interesting that the actual vehicle for the poems’ origin was music.