Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Life Of A Bard
The Iliad and The Odyssey are two highly influential Greek epic poems dating from the 8th century which are attributed to the bard, Homer.
However, during that period, many people didn’t know how to read, and cultured men would go around telling stories by singing and playing instruments, so Homer just wrote them down. But it’s interesting that the actual vehicle for the poems’ origin was music.