Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
- Ceremony To Begin Renovations To Little Rock's Robinson Center Music Hall
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Life Of A Bard
The Iliad and The Odyssey are two highly influential Greek epic poems dating from the 8th century which are attributed to the bard, Homer.
However, during that period, many people didn’t know how to read, and cultured men would go around telling stories by singing and playing instruments, so Homer just wrote them down. But it’s interesting that the actual vehicle for the poems’ origin was music.