Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Life Of A Bard
The Iliad and The Odyssey are two highly influential Greek epic poems dating from the 8th century which are attributed to the bard, Homer.
However, during that period, many people didn’t know how to read, and cultured men would go around telling stories by singing and playing instruments, so Homer just wrote them down. But it’s interesting that the actual vehicle for the poems’ origin was music.