Most Active Stories
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Life Of A Bard
The Iliad and The Odyssey are two highly influential Greek epic poems dating from the 8th century which are attributed to the bard, Homer.
However, during that period, many people didn’t know how to read, and cultured men would go around telling stories by singing and playing instruments, so Homer just wrote them down. But it’s interesting that the actual vehicle for the poems’ origin was music.