Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Thu May 1, 2014
Little Rock Gym Reopens After Fire Incident
Little Rock's city-owned gym, which was closed last week due to an electrical fire, is set to reopen Friday.
Parks and Recreation Director Truman Tolefree said members of the Jim Dailey Fitness and Aquatic Center have been patient as repairs have been made.
“I think we were quite lucky and that damage was contained to the indoor pool area and the sauna area and we're still in the process of trying to assess the exact dollar cost of the damage that was done,” Tolefree said.
The damaged indoor aquatics area will remain closed, but the basketball, fitness and aerobic areas will be open.