Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Thu June 20, 2013
Little Rock Jurors Learning More In Former Police Officer's Trial
Jurors are learning about what led up to the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old burglary suspect by a Little Rock police officer who is defending himself against a manslaughter charge.
The trial of Josh Hastings is to resume Thursday in Pulaski County Circuit Court. He is accused in the death last summer of Bobby Moore III.
Prosecutors on Wednesday put on the stand two juvenile boys who were with Moore when he was shot.
The boys' accounts conflict with what Hastings told investigators. Hastings said he fired because he felt the driver was trying to run over him.
Investigators said evidence from the scene didn't fit Hastings' story, but defense lawyer Bill James says there are flaws in the witness accounts and that physical evidence is being misinterpreted.