Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Little Rock Marathon
Fri March 1, 2013
Little Rock Marathon Expected To Bring In $5 Million
Over 13,000 people are expected to be joining the 2013 Lucky themed Little Rock Marathon this weekend.
The annual event is a fundraiser for the city’s Parks and Recreation Department.
Sharon Lee, a spokeswoman for the marathon, says among the runners, all 50 states will be represented this year as well as 30 foreign countries.
“The tourists that it brings into the city of Little Rock this one weekend will probably contribute about $5 million to the economy here in the city of Little Rock,” said Lee.
Some streets will be closed for the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K Fun Run/Walk and Kids Marathon.
Click here to learn more about the marathon and the maps.