Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Little Rock Marathon
Fri March 1, 2013
Little Rock Marathon Expected To Bring In $5 Million
Over 13,000 people are expected to be joining the 2013 Lucky themed Little Rock Marathon this weekend.
The annual event is a fundraiser for the city’s Parks and Recreation Department.
Sharon Lee, a spokeswoman for the marathon, says among the runners, all 50 states will be represented this year as well as 30 foreign countries.
“The tourists that it brings into the city of Little Rock this one weekend will probably contribute about $5 million to the economy here in the city of Little Rock,” said Lee.
Some streets will be closed for the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K Fun Run/Walk and Kids Marathon.
Click here to learn more about the marathon and the maps.