Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Fri July 5, 2013
Little Rock Orders Fire Watch At Apartment Complex
Little Rock officials have ordered the management at an apartment complex to provide a fire watch team following at number of fires this year.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that the fire watch team will consist of three hired people and three off-duty police officers. It is expected be on guard from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. at the Forest Place Apartments on North University Ave.
The apartment complex has seen eight fires, a number of which are suspected arsons, since Feb. 24.
The Democrat-Gazette says fire officials declined to say how many of the blazes are suspected arsons.
The fires include a large blaze in May that destroyed 34 apartments, displaced 130 residents and caused $4 million in damage.