Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Fri January 31, 2014
Little Rock Police Chief Stuart Thomas To Retire
Little Rock Police Chief Stuart Thomas says he is retiring. Thomas started with the Little Rock police 35 years ago and has been chief since 2005.
City Manager Bruce Moore says Thomas led the agency through an expansion of public safety programs that were possible, in part, because of a voter-approved sales tax increase.
Moore says crime rates have dropped under Thomas' leadership. Thomas is to stay on the job until June.
Moore says he'll announce a plan in the next few weeks for selecting a new chief.