Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri January 31, 2014
Little Rock Police Chief Stuart Thomas To Retire
Little Rock Police Chief Stuart Thomas says he is retiring. Thomas started with the Little Rock police 35 years ago and has been chief since 2005.
City Manager Bruce Moore says Thomas led the agency through an expansion of public safety programs that were possible, in part, because of a voter-approved sales tax increase.
Moore says crime rates have dropped under Thomas' leadership. Thomas is to stay on the job until June.
Moore says he'll announce a plan in the next few weeks for selecting a new chief.