Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
The Lost Composition
An unknown composition by Mozart was recently found in a library in western France. It had been catalogued in the nineteenth century, and then simply forgotten.
Authenticated by the International Mozarteum Foundation in Austria, it is a single-sheet handwritten melody for a section of a Mass, a Credo in D Major, and would sell today for about $100,000.