Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
The Lost Composition
An unknown composition by Mozart was recently found in a library in western France. It had been catalogued in the nineteenth century, and then simply forgotten.
Authenticated by the International Mozarteum Foundation in Austria, it is a single-sheet handwritten melody for a section of a Mass, a Credo in D Major, and would sell today for about $100,000.