Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
The Lost Composition
An unknown composition by Mozart was recently found in a library in western France. It had been catalogued in the nineteenth century, and then simply forgotten.
Authenticated by the International Mozarteum Foundation in Austria, it is a single-sheet handwritten melody for a section of a Mass, a Credo in D Major, and would sell today for about $100,000.