Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
The Lost Composition
An unknown composition by Mozart was recently found in a library in western France. It had been catalogued in the nineteenth century, and then simply forgotten.
Authenticated by the International Mozarteum Foundation in Austria, it is a single-sheet handwritten melody for a section of a Mass, a Credo in D Major, and would sell today for about $100,000.