Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Notes On Music
Mon April 29, 2013
The Lunar Landscape Of Classical Music
Many classical selections have references to the moon, or “luna”. For example, Debussy’s Claire de Lune (By the Light of the Moon.) and Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata for piano.
It’s interesting that there is a knife used in cooking called a “mezzaluna” or “half moon” in Italian. It consists of a single or double curved blade with a handle on both ends used to chop nuts or herbs.