Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
Notes On Music
Mon April 29, 2013
The Lunar Landscape Of Classical Music
Many classical selections have references to the moon, or “luna”. For example, Debussy’s Claire de Lune (By the Light of the Moon.) and Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata for piano.
It’s interesting that there is a knife used in cooking called a “mezzaluna” or “half moon” in Italian. It consists of a single or double curved blade with a handle on both ends used to chop nuts or herbs.