Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu May 23, 2013
Man Arrested at Arkansas Governor's Mansion
A Little Rock man was arrested early Thursday morning after illegally entering the Governor's Mansion grounds, officials say.
Authorities say 32-year-old Ramon Taylor scaled a fence at 5:30 a.m. and attempted to break into a nearby car before he was taken into custody.
Gov. Mike Beebe spokesman Matt DeCample said Taylor was unarmed and arrested by security guards without incident.
"[Protection] is for these types of occurrences," DeCample said. "They are tasked with taking care of these things as they arise and they'll do just that."
Taylor was questioned by investigators before being booked into the Pulaski County Jail, where he is currently detained on charges of criminal trespass and breaking and entering a vehicle.