Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Thu May 23, 2013
Man Arrested at Arkansas Governor's Mansion
A Little Rock man was arrested early Thursday morning after illegally entering the Governor's Mansion grounds, officials say.
Authorities say 32-year-old Ramon Taylor scaled a fence at 5:30 a.m. and attempted to break into a nearby car before he was taken into custody.
Gov. Mike Beebe spokesman Matt DeCample said Taylor was unarmed and arrested by security guards without incident.
"[Protection] is for these types of occurrences," DeCample said. "They are tasked with taking care of these things as they arise and they'll do just that."
Taylor was questioned by investigators before being booked into the Pulaski County Jail, where he is currently detained on charges of criminal trespass and breaking and entering a vehicle.