Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Thu May 23, 2013
Man Arrested at Arkansas Governor's Mansion
A Little Rock man was arrested early Thursday morning after illegally entering the Governor's Mansion grounds, officials say.
Authorities say 32-year-old Ramon Taylor scaled a fence at 5:30 a.m. and attempted to break into a nearby car before he was taken into custody.
Gov. Mike Beebe spokesman Matt DeCample said Taylor was unarmed and arrested by security guards without incident.
"[Protection] is for these types of occurrences," DeCample said. "They are tasked with taking care of these things as they arise and they'll do just that."
Taylor was questioned by investigators before being booked into the Pulaski County Jail, where he is currently detained on charges of criminal trespass and breaking and entering a vehicle.