Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Thu May 2, 2013
Man Sought After Posing As Officer Near Pocahontas
Randolph County authorities say they're still searching for a man who posed as a police officer and stopped a driver near Pocahontas.
Sheriff Gary Tribble told The Jonesboro Sun Thursday that authorities have determined the man who made the stop on April 2 was not a police officer.
Tribble says the imposter first stopped the driver inside the Pocahontas city limits and directed the person to a location outside the city.
Tribble says the person drove into the county and stopped again where the imposter checked the driver's identification then let the driver leave.
The driver was suspicious of the man's actions and reported the incident to the sheriff's office.