Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Wed September 25, 2013
Man Who Escaped California Prison Arrested In Arkansas
Authorities say an inmate who escaped from a California prison in 1977 has been captured in Arkansas, where he was living under an alias.
The Garland County Sheriff's Office says 69-year-old Michael Ray Morrow was arrested without incident Monday in Jessieville.
Deputy Scott Hinojosa says Morrow gave details of his escape from the California Institution for Men in Chino.
Morrow was serving a sentence of 5 years to life in prison or 10 years minimum for a robbery conviction.
According to an FBI affidavit, a man was arrested in Saline County, Ark., in 1984 and gave the name "Carl Frank Wilson."
The affidavit says a later analysis found those fingerprints matched Morrow's. Morrow is being held in the Garland County jail. Authorities did not know if he had an attorney.