Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Sun June 9, 2013
Man Wounded By Officer In Shooting At Lono
Hot Spring County authorities say a man is hospitalized in stable condition after being shot by a deputy sheriff.
Authorities told KATV that the deputy was one of several officers investigating reports of a man with a gun outside a small store in Lono about 1:15 a.m. Sunday. Investigators say the man raised a weapon toward one of the deputies and was shot by another deputy.
The man was flown to a Hot Springs hospital where he was listed in stable condition Sunday. The names of the deputy and the man have not been released.
Lono is about 30 miles southeast of Malvern in southeastern Hot Spring County.