Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Sun June 9, 2013
Man Wounded By Officer In Shooting At Lono
Hot Spring County authorities say a man is hospitalized in stable condition after being shot by a deputy sheriff.
Authorities told KATV that the deputy was one of several officers investigating reports of a man with a gun outside a small store in Lono about 1:15 a.m. Sunday. Investigators say the man raised a weapon toward one of the deputies and was shot by another deputy.
The man was flown to a Hot Springs hospital where he was listed in stable condition Sunday. The names of the deputy and the man have not been released.
Lono is about 30 miles southeast of Malvern in southeastern Hot Spring County.