Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Sun June 9, 2013
Man Wounded By Officer In Shooting At Lono
Hot Spring County authorities say a man is hospitalized in stable condition after being shot by a deputy sheriff.
Authorities told KATV that the deputy was one of several officers investigating reports of a man with a gun outside a small store in Lono about 1:15 a.m. Sunday. Investigators say the man raised a weapon toward one of the deputies and was shot by another deputy.
The man was flown to a Hot Springs hospital where he was listed in stable condition Sunday. The names of the deputy and the man have not been released.
Lono is about 30 miles southeast of Malvern in southeastern Hot Spring County.