Manslaughter Charges Dropped Against Ex-Little Rock Officer
A judge has dismissed manslaughter charges filed against a Little Rock police officer who was set to go to trial for the third time in the shooting death of a teenager.
Pulaski County Circuit Judge Wendell Griffen granted the prosecutors' request Monday to drop charges against Josh Hastings.
In a motion, the prosecution said it made the request "based on its good faith belief that it cannot obtain a conviction" against Hastings.
Hastings was charged in the 2012 shooting death of Bobby Moore III. Two previous trials ended with hung juries, and Hastings had been set for a third trial in May.
Hastings says a car driven by Moore was moving toward him when he opened fire. Prosecutors allege Hastings acted recklessly when he shot Moore.