Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Fri May 24, 2013
Many Arkansas College Students To See Hike In Tuition
Many Arkansas college students will see a hike in tuition next year. Officials said Thursday that the University of Arkansas System Board of Trustees approved a 3.5 percent increase in tuition and fees at the Fayetteville campus beginning with the fall 2013 semester.
University officials say the hike will raise average undergraduate in-state tuition and fees to $7,818 for two full semesters. That's an increase of $246 per student.
Tuition at Arkansas State University's Jonesboro campus will increase by 3.3 percent. ASU officials say students will see an average increase of $165 per semester.
Tuition at Arkansas Tech University will increase in the next school year, too. Tuition and fees for undergraduate students enrolled in 30 hours will cost $6,918 for the 2013-2014 academic year. That's up from $6,528.