Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Local & Regional News
Fri June 7, 2013
Medical Board Cites Doctor for Prescriptions
The Arkansas Medical Board on Thursday reprimanded Dr. Lee Nayles after he told the panel the prescriptions were written by a physician assistant who no longer works for him.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports board members found that Nayles was responsible because the physician assistant was supervised by Nayles.
Nayles' contract as medical director at the Little Rock Veterans Home wasn't renewed last year after inspections found patient care violations.
The board found that Nayles violated a prohibition on prescribing excessive controlled substances. After similar allegations in 2007, the board sent Nayles a letter of caution.
Nayles didn't immediately return a phone call Friday.