Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri June 7, 2013
Medical Board Cites Doctor for Prescriptions
The Arkansas Medical Board on Thursday reprimanded Dr. Lee Nayles after he told the panel the prescriptions were written by a physician assistant who no longer works for him.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports board members found that Nayles was responsible because the physician assistant was supervised by Nayles.
Nayles' contract as medical director at the Little Rock Veterans Home wasn't renewed last year after inspections found patient care violations.
The board found that Nayles violated a prohibition on prescribing excessive controlled substances. After similar allegations in 2007, the board sent Nayles a letter of caution.
Nayles didn't immediately return a phone call Friday.