Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Mon August 5, 2013
Meeting Set On Arkansas Veterans Home
A legislative task force is scheduled to meet to discuss the location of a proposed home for Arkansas veterans.
The group is scheduled to meet at 10 a.m. at the Capitol.
The panel is to make recommendations on the size, location, design and funding for a new facility.
The 22-member group is looking to replace a Little Rock home that state officials closed because of deteriorating conditions.
Legislators earlier set aside $7.5 million from the state surplus to help pay for the new facility.
The state Department of Veterans Affairs is seeking $18 million in matching funds from the federal government.