Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Mon August 5, 2013
Meeting Set On Arkansas Veterans Home
A legislative task force is scheduled to meet to discuss the location of a proposed home for Arkansas veterans.
The group is scheduled to meet at 10 a.m. at the Capitol.
The panel is to make recommendations on the size, location, design and funding for a new facility.
The 22-member group is looking to replace a Little Rock home that state officials closed because of deteriorating conditions.
Legislators earlier set aside $7.5 million from the state surplus to help pay for the new facility.
The state Department of Veterans Affairs is seeking $18 million in matching funds from the federal government.