Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri June 14, 2013
Memorial Set For Women Killed In Arkansas Flood
A public memorial service is planned for Friday for two women killed in flash flooding in Scott County last month.
The memorial for 65-year-old Vivian Sue Reimer and 61-year-old Kay Shearn is set for 2 p.m. Friday at Heritage Memorial Funeral Home in Waldron.
The women died May 31 when flash flooding swept through the Y City area.
Three others died in the flooding, including the county sheriff and an Arkansas Game and Fish wildlife officer.
According to Reimer's obituary, the two women were best friends who decided to leave Houston, Texas, for the quiet Y City area in western Arkansas.
Reimer's obituary also says she sold antiques and also had a love for dogs. Shearn was a special education teacher in Fort Smith.