Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Thu March 21, 2013
Mexican Consulate Gives Grant To UAMS
The Mexican Consulate in Little Rock is giving a grant from the Mexican government to the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Public Health to continue a health program.
Officials are expected to announce more details about the grant during a news conference on Thursday.
The UAMS College of Public Health and the Mexican Consulate established the program, called Ventanillas de Salud, in 2010. Officials say the new grant will allow the Mexican government to extend its partnership with UAMS to provide health information and health screenings to Mexicans living in Arkansas.