Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
Thu March 21, 2013
Mexican Consulate Gives Grant To UAMS
The Mexican Consulate in Little Rock is giving a grant from the Mexican government to the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Public Health to continue a health program.
Officials are expected to announce more details about the grant during a news conference on Thursday.
The UAMS College of Public Health and the Mexican Consulate established the program, called Ventanillas de Salud, in 2010. Officials say the new grant will allow the Mexican government to extend its partnership with UAMS to provide health information and health screenings to Mexicans living in Arkansas.