Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Around the Nation
Tue June 25, 2013
Miami Heat Celebrate NBA Championship With Victory Parade
Originally published on Tue June 25, 2013 10:10 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
The Miami Heat, yesterday, held a victory parade that got people wondering was it planned by a Spurs' fan. The NBA champs piled onto the top of a double-decker bus that carried them through Miami streets overflowing with fans. But the route also passed under three low hanging overpasses. Amid shouts of, Get down, the six foot eight LeBron James barely managed to avoid what the Kansas City Star called a face full of concrete.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.