Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Around the Nation
Tue June 25, 2013
Miami Heat Celebrate NBA Championship With Victory Parade
Originally published on Tue June 25, 2013 10:10 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
The Miami Heat, yesterday, held a victory parade that got people wondering was it planned by a Spurs' fan. The NBA champs piled onto the top of a double-decker bus that carried them through Miami streets overflowing with fans. But the route also passed under three low hanging overpasses. Amid shouts of, Get down, the six foot eight LeBron James barely managed to avoid what the Kansas City Star called a face full of concrete.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.