Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
Around the Nation
Tue June 25, 2013
Miami Heat Celebrate NBA Championship With Victory Parade
Originally published on Tue June 25, 2013 10:10 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
The Miami Heat, yesterday, held a victory parade that got people wondering was it planned by a Spurs' fan. The NBA champs piled onto the top of a double-decker bus that carried them through Miami streets overflowing with fans. But the route also passed under three low hanging overpasses. Amid shouts of, Get down, the six foot eight LeBron James barely managed to avoid what the Kansas City Star called a face full of concrete.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.