Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
Notes on Music
Tue March 19, 2013
The Miracle Symphony
Haydn’s Symphony No. 96 is nicknamed “The Miracle Symphony.” It seems that a large chandelier in the concert hall crashed to the floor, missing the audience due to the fact that they had moved forward to the stage for applause.
However, this event actually occurred during a performance of his Symphony No. 102. Wonder how that erroneous story got started...