Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Notes on Music
Tue March 19, 2013
The Miracle Symphony
Haydn’s Symphony No. 96 is nicknamed “The Miracle Symphony.” It seems that a large chandelier in the concert hall crashed to the floor, missing the audience due to the fact that they had moved forward to the stage for applause.
However, this event actually occurred during a performance of his Symphony No. 102. Wonder how that erroneous story got started...