Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes on Music
Tue March 19, 2013
The Miracle Symphony
Haydn’s Symphony No. 96 is nicknamed “The Miracle Symphony.” It seems that a large chandelier in the concert hall crashed to the floor, missing the audience due to the fact that they had moved forward to the stage for applause.
However, this event actually occurred during a performance of his Symphony No. 102. Wonder how that erroneous story got started...