Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri October 11, 2013
Missing Arkansas Boy, 5, Found Safe In New Mexico
A 5-year-old boy who disappeared from his grandparents' home in western Arkansas has been found safe with his non-custodial mother in Albuquerque, N.M.
The Sebastian County Sheriff's Office says Quinn Whitsitt was recovered and that his mother - Rainy Whitsitt - was arrested Thursday afternoon about one mile from where his mother was living in Albuquerque by FBI agents who had the home under surveillance.
Quinn was reported missing from Central City just east of Fort Smith about 6:30 a.m. Thursday by his grandparents, who authorities say have custody of the child.
Authorities say they began searching for Rainy Whitsitt because she had previously said she wanted custody of her son again.
Rainy Whitsitt is being held in New Mexico on Arkansas charges of burglary and kidnapping.