Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue August 20, 2013
Missing Dog Found In California, Reunited With Family In Arkansas
A family in Rogers will be reunited with their lost dog Tuesday night, after spending two months apart. The eight year old Pomeranian, Koda, is arriving in Arkansas from San Diego, California.
The dog was brought to the Department of Animal Service’s attention and scanned for identification. His microchip identified him as an Arkansas native and a San Diego-based non profit offered to pay for his trip home.
Daniel DeSoussa, County of San Diego Animal Services Deputy Director says preparing for situations like these are important.
"One of the things we always tell people is, a microchip is your animal's ticket home," said DeSoussa.
The Department of Animal Services does not know when or how the dog arrived in California.