Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Around the Nation
Thu May 30, 2013
Missing Senior Citizen Comes Home In Time For TV Deadline
Originally published on Thu May 30, 2013 7:19 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
A television news crew in Maine was reporting a story about a man who had gone missing. Seventy-three-year-old Robert McDonough suffers from dementia and had not been seen for more than 14 hours. As the TV reporter prepared to go live, standing outside McDonough's home, an elderly man wandered into the camera shot. The reporter said hello, then did a double take. Robert McDonough had returned home, safe and sound, just in time for the newscast.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.