Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri December 6, 2013
More Than 37,000 Without Power In Arkansas
More than 37,000 homes and businesses are without electricity as a wintry storm hits the state.
Arkansas Valley Electric Cooperative of Ozark reported about 12,000 outages Friday morning, while SWEPCO had more than 11,000 outages in northwest Arkansas in Sebastian, Polk, Scott and Logan counties. Oklahoma Gas and Electric reported an additional 2,000 outages in Fort Smith, 1,200 outages in Charleston and more than 1,100 in Lavaca.
Entergy reported more than 10,000 homes and businesses without power. More than half of the outages are in Pope County, with about 1,000 outages reported in Montgomery County.
Entergy says it will bring in thousands of workers to help restore electricity, but the utility said before the storm that some outages could last five to seven days, based on the forecast.