Most Active Stories
- Authorities: Suspect In Murder Of Realtor Had Appointment To View Home
- Suspect Arrested In Disappearance Of Arkansas Real Estate Agent
- Cotton's Farm Bill Ad Found To Be False By Three Fact Checkers
- Authorities Search For Missing Little Rock Real Estate Agent
- Exhibit On Arkansas Times Showcases 40 Years
Local & Regional News
Wed December 18, 2013
More Than 86,000 Arkansans Apply For Private Option
More than 86,000 Arkansas residents have applied for health insurance under a state plan to use Medicaid expansion money to provide the coverage.
The Department of Human Services said Wednesday that of the 86,341 people who applied, 72,361 are eligible for the private option insurance.
The program is separate from the federal health insurance program that operates through the HealthCare.gov website. As of last week, about 1,400 Arkansas residents had enrolled in that program of 18,000 who applied.
State health officials say that 5,700 private option applicants will be placed in the traditional Medicaid program.