Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
Notes On Music
Tue June 11, 2013
A Most Exemplary Czech
Bedrich Smetana was the composer who most exemplified the character of his native Czechoslovakia.
In Má Vlast, or My Fatherland, he portrays the history, legends, and landscape of the country, making a strong statement of nationality.
Unfortunately, Smetana eventually went deaf, had a mental breakdown, and died in 1884 in an asylum. What a loss.