Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes On Music
Tue June 11, 2013
A Most Exemplary Czech
Bedrich Smetana was the composer who most exemplified the character of his native Czechoslovakia.
In Má Vlast, or My Fatherland, he portrays the history, legends, and landscape of the country, making a strong statement of nationality.
Unfortunately, Smetana eventually went deaf, had a mental breakdown, and died in 1884 in an asylum. What a loss.