Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Wed May 7, 2014
Mother Of 1st District Congressman Rick Crawford Passes Away
Ruth Anne Crawford, the mother of Republican U.S. Rep. Rick Crawford of Arkansas, has died from a pneumonia-like infection. She was 72.
Crawford spokesman Jonah Shumate said Wednesday the congressman's mother passed away on Tuesday morning. The congressman returned to Arkansas Tuesday after learning about her death, Shumate said.
Ruth Anne Crawford lived in Kennett, Missouri and a funeral was scheduled Friday at McDaniel Chapel, according to the McDaniel Funeral Home. In addition to the congressman, she's survived by her husband Don and two other sons.
Crawford was first elected to represent east Arkansas' 1st Congressional District in 2010 and is seeking his third term this fall.