Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Tue December 17, 2013
Mountain Home Company Expanding, Hiring 50 New Workers
A Mountain Home company that makes laboratory work surfaces says it plans to expand its operation and hire an additional 50 workers.
Epoxyn Products said Tuesday that the company is investing $5 million in the expansion so it can serve customers around the world.
Epoxyn, whose parent company is De Pere, Wisc.-based Hamilton Scientific, produces resins for work surfaces that are used in schools and health-care laboratories.
Gov. Mike Beebe was on hand for the announcement and said the expansion shows Baxter County has a strong workforce.
The company's resin products include chemical-resistant, laboratory-grade epoxy work surfaces, sinks, balance tables, pegboards, fume hood tops and other components.
Hamilton Scientific is a 132-year-old laboratory furniture and equipment supplier.