Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes On Music
Sat March 23, 2013
A Much Misattributed Tune
The Adagio for Strings credited to 18th-century composer, Tomaso Albinoni, is a well-known and much beloved selection. Not only enjoyed for itself alone, it has been used as background music in at least 24 films and five television productions.
An interesting fact, however, is that Albonini didn’t write it! It was composed by his 20th-century biographer, Remo Giazotto.