Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes On Music
Sat March 23, 2013
A Much Misattributed Tune
The Adagio for Strings credited to 18th-century composer, Tomaso Albinoni, is a well-known and much beloved selection. Not only enjoyed for itself alone, it has been used as background music in at least 24 films and five television productions.
An interesting fact, however, is that Albonini didn’t write it! It was composed by his 20th-century biographer, Remo Giazotto.