Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Music of the Fen
A fen is a low and marshy area of land.
In 1907, Ralph Vaughan Williams composed a so-called “symphonic impression”, titled In the Fen Country, in which he pictures an area of East Anglia, a region of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
It’s interesting the term connects to Boston’s Fenway Park, the home of the Boston Red Sox. The stadium was built over what was once a fen.