Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
- Ceremony To Begin Renovations To Little Rock's Robinson Center Music Hall
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Music of the Fen
A fen is a low and marshy area of land.
In 1907, Ralph Vaughan Williams composed a so-called “symphonic impression”, titled In the Fen Country, in which he pictures an area of East Anglia, a region of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
It’s interesting the term connects to Boston’s Fenway Park, the home of the Boston Red Sox. The stadium was built over what was once a fen.