Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Music of the Fen
A fen is a low and marshy area of land.
In 1907, Ralph Vaughan Williams composed a so-called “symphonic impression”, titled In the Fen Country, in which he pictures an area of East Anglia, a region of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
It’s interesting the term connects to Boston’s Fenway Park, the home of the Boston Red Sox. The stadium was built over what was once a fen.