Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes On Music
Tue March 26, 2013
Music of the Fen
A fen is a low and marshy area of land.
In 1907, Ralph Vaughan Williams composed a so-called “symphonic impression”, titled In the Fen Country, in which he pictures an area of East Anglia, a region of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
It’s interesting the term connects to Boston’s Fenway Park, the home of the Boston Red Sox. The stadium was built over what was once a fen.