Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Thu May 23, 2013
Music Industry Figure To Give Little Rock Lecture
Longtime music industry figure and Arkansas native Bill Carter is set for a speaking engagement in Little Rock.
Carter is to speak June 5 as part of the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies' Legacies and Lunch series. Carter grew up in Rector and built his career as an attorney and agent for popular music stars.
The Rolling Stones summoned Carter for help after an arrest in Arkansas, and he represented Reba McEntire at the start of her career.
The lecture at 501 President Clinton Avenue is free and open to the public. Attendees have to bring their own lunch, but drinks and dessert will be provided.