Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes On Music
Sat March 23, 2013
The Musically Opinionated
Those who critique music are most often quite direct in their views.
Writer Gilbert Chesterton says, “Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.”
H.L. Mencken commented, “The opera is to music what a bawdy house is to a cathedral.”
And tenor Luciano Pavarotti protests about music historians, “Learning music by reading about it is like making love by mail!”