Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes On Music
Sat March 23, 2013
The Musically Opinionated
Those who critique music are most often quite direct in their views.
Writer Gilbert Chesterton says, “Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.”
H.L. Mencken commented, “The opera is to music what a bawdy house is to a cathedral.”
And tenor Luciano Pavarotti protests about music historians, “Learning music by reading about it is like making love by mail!”