Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes On Music
Sat March 23, 2013
The Musically Opinionated
Those who critique music are most often quite direct in their views.
Writer Gilbert Chesterton says, “Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.”
H.L. Mencken commented, “The opera is to music what a bawdy house is to a cathedral.”
And tenor Luciano Pavarotti protests about music historians, “Learning music by reading about it is like making love by mail!”