Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes On Music
Sat March 23, 2013
The Musically Opinionated
Those who critique music are most often quite direct in their views.
Writer Gilbert Chesterton says, “Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.”
H.L. Mencken commented, “The opera is to music what a bawdy house is to a cathedral.”
And tenor Luciano Pavarotti protests about music historians, “Learning music by reading about it is like making love by mail!”