Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Notes On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
The Nation's Oldest Orchestras
So what are the oldest orchestras in the U.S.?
The oldest is the New York Philharmonic, formed in 1842, the second is the Boston Symphony, formed in 1881, with the Chicago Symphony dating from 1891, followed by the St. Louis Symphony in 1893, and the New Haven Symphony in 1895.
Sounds like classical music is here to stay!