Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
The Nation's Oldest Orchestras
So what are the oldest orchestras in the U.S.?
The oldest is the New York Philharmonic, formed in 1842, the second is the Boston Symphony, formed in 1881, with the Chicago Symphony dating from 1891, followed by the St. Louis Symphony in 1893, and the New Haven Symphony in 1895.
Sounds like classical music is here to stay!