Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
The Nation's Oldest Orchestras
So what are the oldest orchestras in the U.S.?
The oldest is the New York Philharmonic, formed in 1842, the second is the Boston Symphony, formed in 1881, with the Chicago Symphony dating from 1891, followed by the St. Louis Symphony in 1893, and the New Haven Symphony in 1895.
Sounds like classical music is here to stay!