Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu May 22, 2014
Nearly $3 Million In Grants Announced For Five Arkansas Airports
Three members of the Arkansas congressional delegation say five airports in the state will share in $2.9 million in federal grants.
Senators Mark Pryor and John Boozman and Rep. Tim Griffin announced Thursday that the Federal Aviation Administration is awarding the grants for airport facility upgrades and improvements.
Blytheville Municipal Airport will receive $227,673 to install perimeter fencing. J Lynn Helms Sevier County Airport in De Queen will receive $44,370 for the engineering design phase of a new parallel taxiway project. Morrilton Municipal Airport will receive $380,500 to install perimeter fencing. Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock will receive $1,815,289 for drainage improvements. West Memphis Municipal Airport will receive $446,534 to rehabilitate its apron.