Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Thu May 22, 2014
Nearly $3 Million In Grants Announced For Five Arkansas Airports
Three members of the Arkansas congressional delegation say five airports in the state will share in $2.9 million in federal grants.
Senators Mark Pryor and John Boozman and Rep. Tim Griffin announced Thursday that the Federal Aviation Administration is awarding the grants for airport facility upgrades and improvements.
Blytheville Municipal Airport will receive $227,673 to install perimeter fencing. J Lynn Helms Sevier County Airport in De Queen will receive $44,370 for the engineering design phase of a new parallel taxiway project. Morrilton Municipal Airport will receive $380,500 to install perimeter fencing. Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock will receive $1,815,289 for drainage improvements. West Memphis Municipal Airport will receive $446,534 to rehabilitate its apron.