Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue January 7, 2014
New Administrator At Fayetteville Veterans Home
A former nursing home owner is the new administrator of the Fayetteville Veterans Home.
The Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs say Kriss Schaffer has been hired to replace Sarah Robinson.
Robinson was fired in November after a resident escaped the home. The veterans home was also cited four times in 2013 by the Office of Long Term Care - including once for neglect in the death of a patient and another time for the broken arm of a patient.
Schaffer told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that he will be more visible in the facility - but said he can't address other issues until he starts to work and learns what is going on.
Schaffer is the former co-owner and the operator of Greenhurst Nursing Center in Charleston.