Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Tue January 7, 2014
New Administrator At Fayetteville Veterans Home
A former nursing home owner is the new administrator of the Fayetteville Veterans Home.
The Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs say Kriss Schaffer has been hired to replace Sarah Robinson.
Robinson was fired in November after a resident escaped the home. The veterans home was also cited four times in 2013 by the Office of Long Term Care - including once for neglect in the death of a patient and another time for the broken arm of a patient.
Schaffer told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that he will be more visible in the facility - but said he can't address other issues until he starts to work and learns what is going on.
Schaffer is the former co-owner and the operator of Greenhurst Nursing Center in Charleston.