Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Tue January 7, 2014
New Administrator At Fayetteville Veterans Home
A former nursing home owner is the new administrator of the Fayetteville Veterans Home.
The Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs say Kriss Schaffer has been hired to replace Sarah Robinson.
Robinson was fired in November after a resident escaped the home. The veterans home was also cited four times in 2013 by the Office of Long Term Care - including once for neglect in the death of a patient and another time for the broken arm of a patient.
Schaffer told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that he will be more visible in the facility - but said he can't address other issues until he starts to work and learns what is going on.
Schaffer is the former co-owner and the operator of Greenhurst Nursing Center in Charleston.