Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Local & Regional News
Wed March 27, 2013
New Airline Adds Nonstop Flights From Little Rock To Orlando
Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock is getting a new carrier that will offer nonstop jet service. Allegiant Air will have flights from Little Rock to Orlando, Florida beginning June 6th.
Shane Carter with the Clinton National Airport says this is a good opportunity for families and business travelers who want to get to Orlando without making connections in other cities.
“Allegiant Air is a relatively new carrier. It does service in a number of growing destinations in the country from Florida, to California, and even Hawaii. It does a good amount of charter-type service,” said Carter. “They saw Little Rock as an opportunity for them and it was certainly a good match for us as we work on a regular basis to increase destinations out of Little Rock.”
Carter says Allegiant Air will offer direct flights to Orlando two times a week and the carrier has introduced a low fare rate of $59.99 one way to help launch the service.