Most Active Stories
- Authorities: Suspect In Murder Of Realtor Had Appointment To View Home
- Suspect Arrested In Disappearance Of Arkansas Real Estate Agent
- Cotton's Farm Bill Ad Found To Be False By Three Fact Checkers
- Authorities Search For Missing Little Rock Real Estate Agent
- Exhibit On Arkansas Times Showcases 40 Years
Local & Regional News
Wed March 27, 2013
New Airline Adds Nonstop Flights From Little Rock To Orlando
Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock is getting a new carrier that will offer nonstop jet service. Allegiant Air will have flights from Little Rock to Orlando, Florida beginning June 6th.
Shane Carter with the Clinton National Airport says this is a good opportunity for families and business travelers who want to get to Orlando without making connections in other cities.
“Allegiant Air is a relatively new carrier. It does service in a number of growing destinations in the country from Florida, to California, and even Hawaii. It does a good amount of charter-type service,” said Carter. “They saw Little Rock as an opportunity for them and it was certainly a good match for us as we work on a regular basis to increase destinations out of Little Rock.”
Carter says Allegiant Air will offer direct flights to Orlando two times a week and the carrier has introduced a low fare rate of $59.99 one way to help launch the service.