Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Thu August 8, 2013
New Art Exhibit At The Mosaic Templars Cultural Center: "Shades Of Greatness"
The Mosaic Templars Cultural Center is celebrating the opening of the new art exhibit, “Shades of Greatness”, this Friday evening from 5:30 to 7:30.
The traveling exhibit has over 30 original pieces of art inspired by the history of the Negro League. Both national and regional artists will be featured. Quantia Fletcher, the Assistant Director of the center says this exhibit is special to Arkansas.
"Of course we've got to have some Arkansas African American history as well. When people come they'll be able to see and hear some information about Arkansas's baseball teams," said Fletcher.
Live music, refreshments, and games will be offered to visitors. The exhibit is free and open to the public.