Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- AG Candidate Steel Gives Legislative Agenda, Rutledge Criticizes Sex Offender Vote
- AARP Survey Shows Long-Term Care Key Issue in Arkansas Gubernatorial Race
Local & Regional News
Thu August 8, 2013
New Art Exhibit At The Mosaic Templars Cultural Center: "Shades Of Greatness"
The Mosaic Templars Cultural Center is celebrating the opening of the new art exhibit, “Shades of Greatness”, this Friday evening from 5:30 to 7:30.
The traveling exhibit has over 30 original pieces of art inspired by the history of the Negro League. Both national and regional artists will be featured. Quantia Fletcher, the Assistant Director of the center says this exhibit is special to Arkansas.
"Of course we've got to have some Arkansas African American history as well. When people come they'll be able to see and hear some information about Arkansas's baseball teams," said Fletcher.
Live music, refreshments, and games will be offered to visitors. The exhibit is free and open to the public.