Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
University of Arkansas System
Wed February 19, 2014
New Chief For University Of Arkansas Press
The University of Arkansas Press has a new director.
Officials at the Fayetteville campus announced Tuesday that Mike Bieker is the new leader of the publishing house.
Former director Larry Malley retired in December.
Bieker moves up from his post as business manager and assistant director.
The UA Press focuses on publishing books about Arkansas and the broader academic community.
The University of Arkansas Press was founded in 1980 and was first led by poet Miller Williams. Bieker is the third director of the press in its 34 years.