Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
University of Arkansas System
Wed February 19, 2014
New Chief For University Of Arkansas Press
The University of Arkansas Press has a new director.
Officials at the Fayetteville campus announced Tuesday that Mike Bieker is the new leader of the publishing house.
Former director Larry Malley retired in December.
Bieker moves up from his post as business manager and assistant director.
The UA Press focuses on publishing books about Arkansas and the broader academic community.
The University of Arkansas Press was founded in 1980 and was first led by poet Miller Williams. Bieker is the third director of the press in its 34 years.