Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri October 25, 2013
New Dog Park Opening in Little Rock
The opening of a new dog park is being hosted by a local animal shelter to coincide with the organization's sixth-year anniversary.
The Little Rock Animal Village, located on Kramer St. off University Ave., has put aside a small, grassy area on its premises for dog lovers and owners to let their pets run free.
The unveiling of the park will be part of a larger celebration that will feature food, contests, trick demonstrations and adoption opportunities for attendees.
Animal Services Manager Tracy Rowark says the area provides a great opportunity for dog-owners who find other parks to be too crowded.
"The inner-city people are moving into smaller places and keeping their pets inside," Rowark said. "Their pets still need to get out, so this is a great place for them to come and run and get out some of that energy they've got stored up."
The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the Little Rock Animal Village.