Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Tue July 9, 2013
New Homeless Children’s Center Expected In Little Rock By Summer 2014
Officials with Our House, a Little Rock-based nonprofit organization that serves homeless families, say construction is underway for a new Children’s Center.
A groundbreaking ceremony for the 19,000 square foot facility is scheduled for Wednesday. Georgia Mjartan is executive director of Our House.
When complete, the Center is supposed to be a safe place where homeless youth can receive a nutritious meal and participate in educational and fun activities.
Mjartan says Our House expects to open the Children’s Center by May 1, 2014 so 150 young people can get the support they need by next summer.