Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Tue July 9, 2013
New Homeless Children’s Center Expected In Little Rock By Summer 2014
Officials with Our House, a Little Rock-based nonprofit organization that serves homeless families, say construction is underway for a new Children’s Center.
A groundbreaking ceremony for the 19,000 square foot facility is scheduled for Wednesday. Georgia Mjartan is executive director of Our House.
When complete, the Center is supposed to be a safe place where homeless youth can receive a nutritious meal and participate in educational and fun activities.
Mjartan says Our House expects to open the Children’s Center by May 1, 2014 so 150 young people can get the support they need by next summer.