Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
All Songs Considered
Tue September 17, 2013
New Mix: Beck, Best Coast, Joanna Gruesome, More
Originally published on Tue September 17, 2013 6:05 pm
On this edition of All Songs Considered, hosts Bob Boilen and Robin Hilton share a brand new song from Beck. The new cut, called "Gimme," is the third single he's released since June and by far the strangest (i.e., best) of the bunch. None of the songs will be on the new full-length record Beck hopes to release before the end of the year.
Also on the show: Summer never ends in a shimmering, joyful new track from the Los Angeles-based duo Best Coast; Joanna Gruesome (a play on harpist and singer Joanna Newsom) delivers a burst of gritty, infectious garage rock from the Welsh group's new album, Weird Sister; singer Cate Le Bon, another artist from Wales, has a new cut with shades of Nico and The Velvet Underground; electronic artist Huerco S. morphs dance beats into alluring ambient soundscapes; and the musician known as Arp swaps the instrumental electronics from his previous two records for guitar pop.